The South Texas Energy & Economic Roundtable (STEER), serving the Eagle Ford Shale region in South Texas, is opening its call for nominations for the fifth annual Eagle Ford Excellence Awards. The awards are focused on honoring members of the oil and gas community for diligent efforts to preserve the environment, ensure safety in and around the Eagle Ford Shale region and give back to the community in which they live in and serve.
Led by President and CEO, Omar Garcia, STEER works to ensure the development of the Eagle Ford’s energy resources is accomplished in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the industry and communities throughout South Texas. The Eagle Ford Excellence Awards recognize companies and organizations that are acting with consideration to the values that STEER sees as essential for continued advancements that benefit the greater South Texas community.
“As we enter the fifth year of the Eagle Ford Excellence Awards, I can’t help but reflect on the changes we have seen in the oil and gas industry during that time. We began shale exploration in the Eagle Ford with unprecedented activity and survived [a] drop [in] rig count and reduction in workforce,” says Garcia. “Throughout the changes we have seen over the last few years, the one thing that has remained constant is the commitment of the oil and gas industry to the communities of South Texas. Safety, community investment and protecting the environment have always been, and will continue to be, something STEER considers a top priority. STEER is honored to provide the forum to recognize those who share our values.”
Eagle Ford Excellence Award categories include:
● Environmental Stewardship: To be considered for an award in this category, entrants must demonstrate elements of innovation in reducing environmental impact through implementation of practices or use of technology benefiting the environment.
● Safety Performance: To win an award in this category, applicants must have developed specific initiatives or products that have reduced the risk to workers and members of the local community. These initiatives should be evident in the company’s culture and safety record.
● Community and Social Investment: To receive an award in this category, the entrant must show true commitment to the community. The applicant should have provided a benefit to deserving individuals or groups, positively impacted the company or organization’s reputation in the communities in which it works, or provided a measurable and positive impact on its surrounding community.
● STEER Impact Award: This category is intended for nonprofit organizations and educational facilities working with the oil and gas industry in the Eagle Ford Shale. For consideration in this category, organizations must demonstrate excellence in education, economic development, workforce development/training, safety performance, community relations or environmental stewardship.
Third-party judges will examine the entries to determine the winner for each category. Entries that best demonstrate commitment to the protection of the environment, community involvement and safety — issues that the oil and gas industry considers to be a top priority — will receive recognition from STEER for their efforts.
STEER will accept both applications and third-party nominations for the Eagle Ford Excellence Awards. To apply for an award or submit a nomination for other companies, contractors or organizations working in the Eagle Ford Shale area should visit steer.com and complete the necessary forms. STEER will contact nominated entities to complete the application process.
Award entries and nominations must be submitted before the deadline of Friday, Oct. 6 at 5 p.m. CST. Full details on the categories and additional information, including entry forms, can be found at steer.com. Winners will be honored at an event in San Antonio on Tuesday, Dec. 5.
2016 Eagle Ford Excellence Award Winners
• Environmental Stewardship
For companies or organizations with less than 250 employees: Alphabet Energy
For companies or organizations with more than 250 employees: Aggreko
• Safety Performance
For companies or organizations with less than 250 employees: Predator Pressure Control
For companies or organizations with more than 250 employees: Sun Coast Resources
• Community and Social Investment
For companies or organizations with less than 250 employees: Port of Corpus Christi
For companies or organizations with more than 250 employees: Cheniere Energy
• STEER Impact Award
Falls City Education Foundation Houston Advanced Research Center (HARC)